Pages

Sunday 10 August 2014

Dosti aur Azaadi!

Dear Nidhi Apa,

If I say simple words like 'Thank you so much Apa', it won't even be enough to express my gratefulness to you. It's been a long time that I have not fully expressed my views on this blog the way you have, but all the conversations and voice notes are so imprinted in my heart that I can almost tell it like a story tale to anyone. It was extremely essential to at least give a try in replying to all your lovely blog posts and your friendship story lastly, that is and are really being admired by everyone. So, this is a post dedicated to our being from peace-partners to the fast-friends. 

I believe, it was substantial for us to meet and know each other this way and it was written way before we even got birth. My Dad is a very disciplined man and he whole his life has taught me to be one, but after him if someone has inspired me to be one is you. There are hundreds of reasons as to why we had to meet and probably, this to me is one of the very important reasons as well. All these months, one of my extraordinary observations was that you are a very dedicated person. A friend, who has changed my life to a greater extent and I merely am not saying it, your inspiration keeps moving with me in this life like a glacier melting and flowing into water. The way you took this project from the beginning up til now, I believe no one could do it. Your enthusiasm regarding this project has moved me very much which ultimately has led me to see all the dreams from your golden perspective and to hope like the way you do, from the core of your heart. 
We make this world complete! 

India and Pakistan partitioned on 14th August 1947. It merely if recalled is not just the date, month or year. It contains whole of the past, present and future. Over a million of 'our' people died in this process of migration that is called as one of the biggest migrations in history. However, in this process, we as once a one nation, now became two. What changed? Life? Homes? Streets? Cities? Ancestors? Religion? Conflict? 
If someone asks this, no, nothing changed. Actually the mass displacement that aimed to end conflicts resulted in a bigger and forever conflict. The partition did not stop the blood that trickles from the chests of our beloved soldiers, it worsened. What was the point if the hatred never transformed into love? Everyone moved on, but, never forgetting and forgiving each other. And if many of us did, our governments used the blood of our beloved for their own profits and are using it till date. How unfortunate? However, what needs to be considered is that even after such extreme situations, our destinies worked as miracles. Once living in a one country (Our ancestors) , how thrilling this thought is Apa, we once again got together. I thank the God, for this miracle and for this asha.

I know today we are struggling to bring peace but the thing that brings happiness is the mere thought that at least, at least we are giving it a try. I don't know what senior analysts and politicians have to say on this, or probably I just want to ignore whatever theories they want to convey regarding our relations and it is just for the better prospects that both countries can bring, It is for the Peace that fills within me and clears the thought that Ignorance is bliss, indeed. I also know that today we are a part of this project, tomorrow we won't be but this is not it and it should never be it. Small steps make big differences. Leaving behind all the sane thoughts and technicalities as the countries' officials see, I want to confess that I indeed don't believe in measurements of each inch in these relations. The measurements of the sort that if Mr Modi takes his hand forward to this particular centimeters, Mr Sharif will also move his hand out to the same measurement. This could be the steps of diplomacy but, to me it is insane. This is the sheer reason why the friendship between us has grown quite tremendously, that we don't exercise diplomacy. We give and take love and it won't be wrong to say that after 67 years of independence we as individuals have learnt to share peace because I believe we still complete each other like the puzzle pieces that makes this picture of world clear and complete.
I am hugely grateful to you, Apa. 

Sending love
Sehr Nisar

No comments:

Post a Comment